Eligibility for Summer Seminary Immersion Program
We welcome male high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Active participation in their local parish or campus ministry
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere interest in discerning God’s call in their life and a particular interest in learning more about the call to religious life and priesthood.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a priest, religious brother, or religious sister*. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are encouraged but not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High school counselor's name and email address
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores if you wish to submit (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so).
- Major credit card, for your $60 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. An auto-email will be sent to your counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
* You are required to submit one Letter of Recommendation. The letter should be written by your pastor, or other priest, religious brother or religious sister. Please ask your recommender to include his or her thoughts on how you would be a good fit for this program and how SSIP might impact your growth. The recommendation should include your recommender's best assessment of your intellectual ability to handle college-level material, personal maturity, commitment to faith, and leadership ability, or whichever of these categories your recommender feels equipped to comment upon based upon your relationship and in what context you know each other.
Recommendations can be sent by mail to:
Office of Pre-College Programs
403 McKenna Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please include “Summer Seminary Immersion Program” in the subject line of your email.
Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Holy Cross Office of Vocations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 631-6385.