International Leadership, Enrichment, and Development Program
The Office of Pre-College Programs is thrilled to announce that iLED, formerly conducted by Notre Dame International, will be incorporated into Summer Scholars. The program offers the best of life at Notre Dame and broadens students’ understanding and knowledge of different types of leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship, and cultural competence.
In addition to the academic portion of the program, students also enjoy a wide range of extracurricular opportunities that include:
- Day of Service in the South Bend community
- Face-to-face Q&A sessions with Notre Dame’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions and current Notre Dame undergraduate students
- Evening social events such as a talent show, bonfire, scavenger hunt, movie nights, and others
While taking classes in these different academic fields with Notre Dame faculty, the iLED students have the opportunity to experience various state-of-the-art academic facilities on campus and will have the most unique, fun, and authentic collegiate learning experience during this summer program.
Seminars and Workshops
As with previous iterations of the program, iLED will once again feature sessions on leadership, problem solving, intercultural communication, as well as face-to-face Q&A sessions with Notre Dame Undergraduate Admissions. The seminars feature interactive discussions and lectures delivered by guest lecturers and faculty from the Notre Dame community. In the past, our leadership seminars covered inspiring topics such as ethical dilemmas in leadership, youth leadership, female leadership, servant leadership, and more.
Changes to iLED
- Students will participate in one course from a roster of classes representative of nearly every college and major at the University.
- Student may receive one college credit for participation. Because of this, students are required to have an F-1 Visa.
- A TOEFL or DuoLingo English Test is required for international students from non-English speaking high schools.
- Students will take classes with their peers from around the United States and the world. Dedicated programming mirroring the traditional iLED program will be offered for international students.
For information on programming, course rosters, costs, program dates, and information on the day in the life of a student, please visit our Summer Scholars webpage.