Eligibility & Application Requirements
Eligibility for Study Abroad: Italy
Program Date: June 3 - June 17, 2023
Applications for Study Abroad: Italy will be available on October 17, 2022
We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
Current juniors (will be rising seniors at the time of the summer program)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities. Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame community while they are participating in the program.
At least 16 years of age by or on August 1, 2023.
Valid passport (passport must be valid through December 18, 2023)
- Vaccinated for Covid-19.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
High school counselor name and email address
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. Our office will send an auto-email to your counselor requesting a transcript, counselor report, and school profile. It is applicant's responsibility to follow up with your counselor to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.
High school recommending teacher’s name and email address
- Our office will also send an auto-email to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please speak with your recommending teacher and obtain their approval before you add your teacher's contact information to your application. Please read the application instructions very carefully and follow up with your teacher to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.
If you plan to submit standardized test scores, you may scan a copy of your electronic score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so; Scores will be accepted up until February 1, 2023. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are strongly encouraged to enhance a student's Study Abroad application, but they are not required.
- A TOEFL score or a submitted DuoLingo Online English Test is required for International applicants who do not attend an English-speaking high school.
- Major credit card for payment of $75 application fee.
- If you wish to pay by check, please make the check out to "University of Notre Dame Office of Pre-College Programs" and mail to University of Notre Dame Office of Pre-College Programs, 403 McKenna Hall, Notre Dame, Indiana, 46556
- Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by January 23, 2023. Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials are received.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at email@example.com or (574) 631-0990.