Eligibility for Summer Seminary Immersion Program
We welcome male high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Active participation in their local parish or campus ministry
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by August 1, 2019
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere interest in discerning God’s call in their life and a particular interest in learning more about the call to religious life and priesthood.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a priest, religious brother, or religious sister*. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are encouraged but not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High School Counselor name and email address
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores if you wish to submit (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so).
- Major credit card, for your $50 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. An auto-email will be sent to your counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
*Please speak to your recommending priest, brother, or sister for authorization before you begin your application. A teacher recommendation is not required for this application; however, a recommendation from a priest, brother, or sister is required. You will not be providing the priest's, brother's, or sister's name and email address in the online application, but will need to make the recommendation request personally with one of them and ask them to send your recommendation to the Office of Pre-College Programs, 307 Brownson Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556 or email to email@example.com.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Monday, February 24, 2020.
Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Holy Cross Office of Vocations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 631-6385.