Global Scholars Admitted Student Checklist
Congratulations on being accepted to the University of Notre Dame Pre-College Global Scholars program!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574.631.0990. Please check your email regularly as we will be sending updates and important information to you by email. To check on the status of your required materials listed below, please visit your Applicant Status Page.
GLOBAL SCHOLARS STUDENT CHECKLIST
To secure your spot, complete the following items listed below. Click on each item to be taken to specific instructions on how to complete each requirement. These items must be completed in their entirety by the deadlines provided.
- Complete your Confirmation Form - Deadline February 22, 2021
- Submit your Tuition Payment - Deadline February 22, 2021
- Parent/Legal Guardian complete all steps in DocuSign email - Available February 23, 2021; Deadline March 8, 2021
- Activate NetID & Create Password - Available February 26, 2021; Deadline March 8, 2021
- Enroll in Okta - Available February 26, 2021; Deadline March 8, 2021
- Set up Email Forwarding - Available February 26, 2021; Deadline March 8, 2021
- Complete ND Roll Call - This process has been waived for Global Scholars Spring Students (updated 3/2/21)
- Review items in Professor Welcome Email - Will be sent to student’s email on February 28, 2021
- Review Technological Requirements
- Review Attendance Policy
- Review Global Scholars Code of Conduct
- OPTIONAL: Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat for helpful information and updates
1. Complete your confirmation form no later than February 22, 2021. To access the form, please log in to your Applicant Status Page.
- Once logged in, admitted students will find the Confirmation Form link at the bottom of the page.
- Please Note: Students must complete and submit the Confirmation Form first in order to pay the tuition payment (step 2).
2. Submit the $1,250 tuition fee via credit card on your Applicant Status Page by February 22, 2021
- You must complete your Confirmation Form (Step 1) before submitting your tuition payment.
3. A parent or legal guardian needs to complete DocuSign, which will be sent out via email. Contact us at email@example.com if your parent or guardian has not received this email by February 23, 2021. The deadline for a parent or guardian to complete DocuSign is March 8, 2021.
- DocuSign contains our required University Waiver which must be electronically signed by a parents or legal guardian.
- You will receive an email to the email address provided in your application from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Activate your Notre Dame Account.”
- Follow on-screen directions until your NetID (alphanumeric) is activated. You will also gain access to your Notre Dame student email account, which is how you will receive important information from our office, your professor(s), and other campus departments once the program has begun. Please note: record your NetID and remember your password as you will lose access to see your NetID once you leave this screen.
- Go to gmail.nd.edu. The first time you go to your Notre Dame email, you will be asked to register with the Okta login system. Follow on-screen instructions to register with Okta.
To ensure that all university communications are received, please complete the following steps:
- Login to your ND email account.
- Your login is your netID. Your password is the one you established when activating your NetID (step 4).
- On the top right corner click on the gear icon and select > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > Add a Forwarding Address. Include the email address you check regularly so that your ND email account will be linked to it.
- Click > Next > Proceed > OK
- A verification message will be sent to the chosen address. Click the verification link in the message.
- Go back to the settings page (Gear Icon > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP) and refresh your browser.
- Select > Forward a copy of incoming mail to. Choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We recommend keeping Gmail's copy in the Inbox.
- At the bottom of the page, click > Save Changes
This process has been waived for Global Scholars Spring Students (updated 3/2/21)
A welcome email from your professor along with required course materials will be sent to your email which contains information from your professors and program details.
- Please contact our office at email@example.com if you have not received your professor welcome email by February 28, 2021
In order to have an efficient and effective online experience, we require students to have the following in order to enroll in Global Scholars:
- A reliable high speed internet connection
- A device with working webcam (for Zoom class sessions and group work)
- A device with enough storage capacity for assignments and to download software, as required by your professor.
- We also highly suggest finding a space in your home that you can be sure is quiet and will not be disturbed from the scheduled course times.
Due to the fact this is a college credit bearing course, it is required that students who are admitted must make a commitment to attend all virtual class sessions. If necessary, we will allow two absences throughout the six-week program. If you need to miss a class, you will need to contact your professor and course facilitator prior to the missed class session. Additionally, a parent or legal guardian will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of your absence prior to missing your class session.
ATTENDANCE POLICY PROTOCOL:
•Absence #1, you will receive an email from the Pre-College office reminding you that you have missed a class.
•Absence #2, you will receive an email notifying you that you may not miss any future classes.
•Absence #3, you will receive an email from the Pre-College office with instructions on how to officially withdraw from the course.