Eligibility & Application Requirements
Eligibility for Global Scholars
We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply to Global Scholars:
- Current high school sophomores and juniors
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 14 years old by or on March 1, 2021
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame international community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, and a counselor report.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High school guidance counselor name and email address*
If you plan to submit standardized test scores, you may scan a copy of your electronic score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so; Scores will be accepted up until February 1, 2021
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) may be submitted if the student has previously taken a standardized test, but these scores are not required.
- A TOEFL score is required for International applicants who do not attend an English-speaking high school.
Major credit card for payment of $50 application fee.
- If you wish to pay by check, please make the check out to "University of Notre Dame Office of Pre-College Programs" and mail to University of Notre Dame Office of Pre-College Programs, 021 Haggar Hall, Notre Dame, Indiana, 46556
- Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by February 1, 2021. Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
*Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. Our office will send an auto-email to your counselor requesting a transcript, counselor report, and school profile. Please read the application instructions very carefully and follow up with your counselor to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.