Tuition, Fees, & Confirmation
Summer Scholars Tuition/Housing Fees
Tuition and housing fees for Summer 2017 are $3,400. This amount includes tuition, room and board, extracurricular activities, and class field trips. (Note: Archaeology and Life Sciences students will be charged a $150 lab fee; Photography students will be charged a $125 lab fee; and Global Health, Research Computing, and Unlocking Shakespeare students will be charged a $100 lab fee in addition to tuition and housing.) The tuition and housing cost balance (including any applicable lab fees) must be paid in full online or by check and received by the Office of Pre-College Programs by June 2, 2017.
A note for South Bend area students: Campus residency is an important aspect of every college student’s life, and it is an essential component of the Notre Dame experience. All Summer Scholars participants are required to live in one of Notre Dame’s residence halls.
Program Date: June 24 – July 8, 2017
A non-refundable enrollment fee of $300 must be submitted once a student has been notified of his or her acceptance to Summer Scholars. This enrollment fee must be paid no later than May 5, 2017 to secure a place for the student in the program. The enrollment fee will be applied to the total tuition/housing amount. Enrollment fees and tuition/housing payments are not refundable.
Summary of Costs for 2017
- Application Fee: non-refundable $52.25*
- Tuition/Housing: $3,425* (If you wish to pay by check, please contact the Office of Pre-College Programs.)
- Enrollment Fee (paid online or by check by May 5): non-refundable $300
- Tuition/Housing Balance (paid online or by check by June 2): $3,100
- Balance for Archaeology and Life Sciences students includes a $150 lab fee: $3,250
- Balance for Photography students includes a $125 lab fee: $3,225
- Balance for Global Health, Research Computing, and Unlocking Shakespeare students includes a $100 lab fee: $3,200
*includes online processing fee
Application fee waivers are granted rarely and only in extreme circumstances. Very limited need-based, partial scholarships are available to students who apply for the program. The Office of Pre-College Programs does not offer merit-based financial assistance or scholarships.
To apply for financial aid, a parent or guardian should complete the Request For Need-Based Assistance form. Requests for financial assistance must be submitted no later than January 30, 2017.
Please note that submitting a request for financial aid does not guarantee an application fee waiver or scholarship. Decisions regarding admission will be made regardless of financial aid request, and notification of financial aid will be included with admission decision letters.