Eligibility and Application Requirements
Eligibility for Summer Scholars
We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply to Summer Scholars:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by or on August 1, 2018
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are strongly encouraged to enhance a student's Summer Scholars application, but they are not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High school guidance counselor name and email address*
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so);
- Major credit card for payment of $52.25 application fee (includes online processing fee)
*Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. Our office will send an auto-email to your counselor requesting a transcript, counselor report, and school profile. Our office will also send an auto-email to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please speak with your recommending teacher and obtain their approval before you add your teacher's contact information to your application. Please read the application instructions very carefully and follow up with your counselor and teacher to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by February 5, 2018. Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at email@example.com or (574) 631-0990.