Eligibility and Application Requirements
We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply to Summer Scholars:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by or on August 1, 2017
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are strongly encouraged to enhance a student's Summer Scholars application but are not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High School Guidance Counselor name and email address
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) for scanning and uploading instructions click here.
- Major credit card for payment of $50 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. An auto-email will be sent to your counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. An auto-email will also be sent to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please read the application instructions very carefully and follow-up with your couselor and teacher to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.
*Please speak to your recommending teacher for authorization before you begin your application.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by February 6, 2017.
Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-0990.