We welcome male high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Active participation in their local parish or campus ministry
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by the end of the program (July 9, 2016)
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere interest in discerning God’s call in their life and a particular interest in learning more about the call to religious life and priesthood.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a priest, religious brother, or religious sister*. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, PLAN or PSAT) are encouraged but not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High School Counselor name and email address
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores, if you wish to submit (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) for scanning and uploading instructions click here
- Major credit card, for your $50 application fee.
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. An auto-email will be sent to your counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript and school profile. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
*Please speak to your recommending priest, brother, or sister for authorization before you begin your application. A teacher recommendation is not required for this application, however a recommendation from a priest, brother, or sister is required. You will not be providing the priest's, brother's, or sister's name and email address in the online application, but will need to make the recommendation request personally with one of them and ask them to send your recommendation to the Office of Pre-College Programs, 307 Brownson Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556 or email to email@example.com.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by February 29, 2016.
Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Summer Seminary Immersion Program:
October 1, 2015
Online application and forms available
February 22, 2016
Application fee waivers and financial aid requests due
February 29, 2016
Online application and application materials due
March 28, 2016
Decision letters mailed to students
April 25, 2016
Students must confirm attendance through a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $300 (by check or online)
June 3, 2016
Tuition balance due by check or by online payment
June 25, 2016
June 26, 2016
July 9, 2016
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Holy Cross Office of Vocations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-6385.