Application and Admission
Leadership Seminars Admission & Fees
Required fees for the Notre Dame Leadership Seminars include a non-refundable $52.25* application fee to be submitted at the time of application and a $150 non-refundable enrollment fee to be submitted at the time of acceptance into the program.
The application deadline is January 30, 2017. All applicants will be notified of decisions by March 17, 2017. If you are accepted into this special program, all expenses—including transportation to and from Notre Dame—will be paid by the University. One college credit will be offered to all participants upon completion of the program.
*includes processing fee
Application fee waivers are granted rarely and only in extreme circumstances. Enrollment fee waivers are not available. If you wish to apply for an application fee waiver, please have a parent or guardian complete a Request For Need-Based Assistance form. Please note that submitting a request for financial assistance does not guarantee an application fee waiver, and all admitted Leadership Seminars students must pay the $150 enrollment fee.
- Cultural, economic, geographic, and ethnic diversity are goals of the selection process.
- You must be a current high school junior who will be entering your senior year fall of 2017 and planning to attend college immediately after high school.
- Accepted students are generally in the top 10% of their class, having pursued the most rigorous curriculum offered in their high schools.
- The mid-range SAT score for math & reading is 1300-1500 (1360-1530 concordance to new SAT).
- A TOEFL score is required for International applicants.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in school, church, community, and/or social organizations.
- You must be at least 16 years of age by or on August 1. 2017.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, SAT, ACT, or PSAT scores, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- Rank the three seminars offered in order of preference
- School Guidance Counselor name and email address*
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) click here for instructions on scanning and uploading score reports.
- Major credit card for payment of $50 application fee
*Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. Our office will send an auto-email to your counselor requesting a transcript, counselor report, and school profile. Our office will also send an auto-email to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please speak to your recommending teacher for authorization before you begin your application. Please read the application instructions very carefully and follow-up with your counselor and teacher to confirm their receipt of the auto-emails.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by January 30, 2017.
Note: Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials are received.
The Pre-College staff welcomes your questions and concerns and hopes to assist you through the application and admission process. Please email us at at email@example.com or call us at 574-631-0990.
Program Date: July 15 - July 26, 2017