We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current sophomores and juniors (will be rising juniors and seniors)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by or on August 1, 2017
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, applicants must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher. Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or PSAT) are strongly encouraged to enhance a student's Summer Scholars application but are not required.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High School Counselor name and email address
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) for scanning and uploading instructions click here.
- Major credit card for payment of $50 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application. An auto-email will be sent to your counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. An auto-email will also be sent to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
*Please speak to your recommending teacher for authorization before you begin your application.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by February 6, 2017.
Note: Files will be reviewed once all application materials are received.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Summer Scholars:
October 1, 2016
Online application and forms available
January 30, 2017
Application fee waivers and financial aid requests due
February 6, 2017
Online application and application materials due
April 10, 2017
Decision letters sent to students
May 5, 2017
Students must confirm attendance and pay a nonrefundable enrollment fee of $300 (by check or online)
June 2, 2017
Tuition balance due by check or by online payment
June 24, 2017
June 25, 2017
Student/parent orientation (mandatory for students; parents are warmly welcomed as well)
July 8, 2017
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-0990.