We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current juniors (will be rising seniors at the time of the summer program)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years of age by or on August 1, 2017.
- Valid passport (passport must be valid through December 18, 2017)
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, students must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame Rome community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, SAT, ACT, or PSAT scores, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High school guidance counselor name and email address
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) for scanning and uploading instructions click here.
- Major credit card for payment of $75 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application and must be received by the Office of Pre-College Programs by the application due date. An auto-email will be sent to your high school counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. An auto-email will also be sent to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
*Please speak to your recommending teacher for authorization before you begin your application.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by January 30, 2017.
Note: Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials are received.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Study Abroad:
October 1, 2016
Online application and forms available
January 30, 2017
Online application and application materials due
February 20, 2017
Decision letters mailed to students
March 13, 2017
Students must confirm attendance through a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $2,000
April 24, 2017
Tuition balance due
June 3, 2017
June 4, 2017
Arrival day in Rome
June 17, 2017
Departure day from Rome
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-0990.