We welcome high school students who meet the following criteria to apply:
- Current juniors (will be rising seniors at the time of the summer program)
- Strong academic standing with solid extracurricular activities
- At least 16 years old by the end of the program (June 18, 2016)
- Valid passport (passport must be valid through December 19, 2016)
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and demonstrate a high level of maturity. In addition, students must express a sincere desire to be part of the Notre Dame Rome community while they are participating in the program.
Interested students must submit an online application, a high school transcript, SAT, ACT, PLAN or PSAT scores, a counselor report, and a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher.
Please have the following items prepared before you begin your application process:
- High school counselor name and email address
- High school recommending teacher’s name and email address*
- An electronic copy of your standardized test scores (you may scan a copy of your score report and upload it in the online application when instructed to do so) for scanning and uploading instructions click here.
- Major credit card for payment of $75 application fee
- Supplemental documentation is required to complete your application and must be received by the Office of Pre-College Programs by the application due date. An auto-email will be sent to your high school counselor requesting a counselor report, transcript, and school profile. An auto-email will also be sent to your recommending teacher requesting their recommendation. Please read the application instructions very carefully.
*Please speak to your recommending teacher for authorization before you begin your application.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by January 15, 2016.
Note: Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials are received.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Study Abroad:
October 1, 2015
Online application and forms available
January 15, 2016
Online application and application materials due
February 12, 2016
Decision letters mailed to students
March 14, 2016
Students must confirm attendance through a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $2,000
May 6, 2016
Tuition balance due
June 4, 2016
June 5, 2016
Arrival day in Rome
June 18, 2016
Departure day from Rome
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Pre-College Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-0990.